Monday, September 5, 2011

Week 26: Days 176-180

Day 176: Today was a chilly morning, but I still pulled on my wet suit and headed down to the lake!!! Lake Monona finally!!! Surprisingly the water was warmer then I thought. I did an easy 30 min swim and it felt good to be swimming again in a wet suit. Within the 30 mins I was swimming I actually even got a little warm. There was even a pretty good current out there today. After the swim, I took today to relax with my family and enjoy the day. Today I also finally got my bike put together. It took me a while to get it together, but I got it all put together and I hope tomorrow it rides well and I got everything tighten up all the way. Tomorrow I hope to bike the run course and show my mom and Jordan some things are Madison. I'm so glad I am up here the whole week before so I can get settled in and enjoy the week!




Day 177: Today was an exciting day! I started the day with an hour bike ride, riding around parts of the run course and then around some other parts of UW Madison and downtown Madison. It was a chilly morning, but I had enough clothes to bundle up a little. As I finished my bike ride, I rode down the road the where the finish line will be and pretended Mike Reilly was saying "Tracey Suvak younare an Ironman!" I can't wait to hear those words. I also drove the bike course today with my mom and we had a fun time driving it. I think my mom thought she was racing it in the car. :) Well I knew it was hilly, but holy hills. It is really going to be a challenging course. I think almost every time you turn a corner there is a hill and almost every down hill is on a curvy road. It should be a fun course though. I can't wait to get out there and race on it! It was also interesting for my mom as well so now she knows what the course is like as well. As for the rest of the night is time for more relaxing!

Day 178: Today I went for a nice easy 20 min run today around the lake front. The weather was cool and nice. It was pretty peaceful as well running around the lake. For the rest of the day until about 3pm I was at my aunt and uncles house visiting family and relaxing. It was really nice being away from all the Ironman stuff being set up, because every time I was a round it I felt the nerves come on. I also went swimming this evening with  a few Get Fit Atlanta people. The water was really chopping and it was not a pleasant swim. It seemed like every time I took a breath I would get a mouth full of water and the waves would just slap me in the face. It was nice to see what really choppy water feels like though just in case.  Hopefully the water won't be choppy like that on race morning. The water has been pretty calm every morning so hopefully it will be calm race morning as well.




Day 179: Today I was in the water by 6 am and it was so quite and peaceful. Nothing better then being in the water and seeing the sunrise while you swim. I even beat the ducks out this morning =) Thanks to Erin Spitler who envited me almong with SBR to swim with them this morning. It was really enjoyable.
Sunrise while I was swimming


Erin and I

After getting ready to today it was off to the IRONMAN store!!! Man is there a lot of stuff I could buy. I bought some stuff and enjoyed looking at everything. Today at 10 am was check-in, so I can official say I am all checked in and have eveything I need. Now it is time to start putting all my bags together. It all feels real now that I have everything and every time I look at my wrist I see the Ironman braclet on.  Sunday can't be here soon enough!!!




I was also able to escape from all of the triathlon stuff as well tonight. Jordan and I had tickets to the opening game for the Packers. We enjoyed a fun evening in Green Bay cheering the Packers on to their first win of the season, and what a great game it was!!! Tomorrow will start my focusing time, it's time to start getting serious and relax and get ready for the big day!



Day 180: Today I didn't do anything for training, I like to take the second day before a race to relax and do nothing and that is exactly what I did. Besides relaxing I did have dinner with a high school friend which I really enjoyed. It is always nice to see friends that you haven't seen in a while. After dinner I had the athlete brief which was informative, but nothing I didn't know already. Tomorrow I will have to get all my T1 & T2 bags together and my bike racked as well. Tomorrow everything will start coming together for Sunday!!!! It's going to be a great day.

Betsy and I

I would rather have more heart then talent any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment