Monday, August 29, 2011

Day 168

Day 168: It is exactly 2 weeks from Ironman Wisconsin and today is also IRONMAN LOUISVILLE!!! Today I cheered on Misty, Scott and a few others and enjoyed every moment of it. I loved seeing everyone race and lot of people become first time Ironmans! This is really making me ready for my race, but also really nervous. My biggest fear is failing, but who's isn't. I know in my heart I can do it and finish, but it just makes you second guess yourself when you are standing at the turn around point on the run and people are making the turn around and the race officials stop them and take off their timing chip because they are not going to make the cut off. It just broke my heart, because I know how hard they trained and make it that far in the race and not finishing. It just made me think... I know I can do it!
People say there is a lot of down time for the spectators, but I'm not sure what down time they got because I was non-stop and I still didn't see Misty everywhere I wanted to. So even though I really didn't do any training I think I still go a workout in running around. Overall it was an amazing race, but I will never do it like I have said before, because of the heat. I am so proud of Misty and Scott and everyone that finished!!!!!
CONGRATS YOU ARE AN IRONMAN!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment